Homepage Template #1 Basic Tabled Homepage
Published: 2010-10-26 20:25:48
This template uses styles and tables to set up a basic User Homepage.
This template is well-suited to user homepages, or anything that needs to have a list of links or other information on the left-hand side of the page. It contains six CSS styles as well as a few inline styles.
First, you'll need to copy and paste this into the Styles box of the editor you're using:
After that, you copy and paste this HTML into the Content box:
< div class="margin">
< table width="90%" border="1">
< td colspan="2">< div style="text-align:center;">< img src="YOUR IMAGE URL HERE">< /div>
< td width="15%" style="vertical-align:top;">
< ul class="linklist">
< li>< a href="YOUR LINK HERE">LIST< /a>< /li>
< li>< a href="YOUR LINK HERE">OF< /a>< /li>
< li>< a href="YOUR LINK HERE">LINKS< /a>< /li>
< li>< a href="YOUR LINK HERE">HERE< /a>< /li>
< td class="maincell">
YOUR TEXT HERE.
NOTE: Due to the site not liking the code tag for some reason, I've had to break the HTML tags by inserting empty spaces after all the < brackets. If you use the above code, you'll need to go through and delete those extra spaces, or copy it into a text editor like Notepad and do Find and Replace to replace all of the "< "s with just "<"s.
Suggestions for editing this template:
- You can remove the thin border around the table, simply by changing the border="1" to border="0" from the table tag. Similarly, you can make the border thicker by changing the number to something higher.
- You can change the background and font colors by changing the values for background-color and color in the styles.
- If you want to use a background image instead of a single color, replace "background-color:#000000;" with "background-image:url(LINK TO YOUR IMAGE HERE);"
- You can change the colors of links and visted links by changing the values for color on the a and a:visited styles.
- You can add or remove lines from the link list by deleting or copying the "< li>< a href="YOUR LINK HERE">HERE< /a>< /li>" line and changing the URL and the link text.
- You can make the left hand column with the links wider by changing the value for width in " < td width="15%" ". Widths can be set either as percentages (15%, 5%, 20%, 50%, and so on) or as a set pixel amount (20px, 100px, 128px, and so on.)
Hope this helps you get a homepage set up, or helps you get a better idea of how HTML and CSS works. If you've got any questions, feel free to drop me a line via comment, email, or the forums!