• Advertisement

Suggestion: Top Bar

Ask site related questions, report bugs/glitches, and offer ideas for improvement!

Suggestion: Top Bar

Postby Mandy » Sun May 29, 2011 7:27 pm

The top bar (or in the case of homepages, the bottom) is extremely obnoxious. I understand that I cannot hide it from my homepage, but I would be absolutely ecstatic if it was switched to a simple text navigation that didn't look so bulky so that I could style it to match the layouts I'm creating. It's not that big of a deal, this is just a suggestion. Even if the height was altered it would make a huge difference. It just takes up so much space and looks distracting. If I have to I can learn to deal with it, it's just so annoying.

Click here to see what I mean
Mandy
Site Profile

Re: Suggestion: Top Bar

Postby Chellendora » Mon May 30, 2011 9:30 pm

I think it could benefit from being made smaller or customizable.
Please click here to visit a website that showcases my writing.
Chellendora
Site Profile

Postby OneAmahira » Tue May 31, 2011 8:13 pm

Raynovac, Firefury, and I will discuss alterations and if we can make it customizable. Looking back, we can probably make it more functional.
{{{}One Amahira{}}}

Yusuke Urameshi gave up being Spirit Detective after the first Demon World tournament. Now three years later the next tournament to determine who shall rule Demon World is slated to begin and a new Spirit Detective has been sent to observe. Something is awakening that endangers the very existence of all three worlds. Old friends must reunite and team up with new faces to save everything they hold dear. Or die trying.
OneAmahira
Site Profile

Postby Raynovac » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:05 pm

Now that I am back from traveling for work, we will take a look at it.
Raynovac
Site Profile

Postby OneAmahira » Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:02 am

Here is a sample image of the new top bar I am working on:

Obviously the black would continue across the top of the screen and it's less colorful so it should match custom layouts better. In the future we might be able to make it dynamic, so the colors can be changed, but in the mean time I'm thinking of working on a second option, so you all can pick between a mostly white one or the sample I just posted here. :)

Anyone have any other thoughts?
{{{}One Amahira{}}}

Yusuke Urameshi gave up being Spirit Detective after the first Demon World tournament. Now three years later the next tournament to determine who shall rule Demon World is slated to begin and a new Spirit Detective has been sent to observe. Something is awakening that endangers the very existence of all three worlds. Old friends must reunite and team up with new faces to save everything they hold dear. Or die trying.
OneAmahira
Site Profile

Postby Mandy » Fri Jul 15, 2011 6:24 pm

I like that much more.
With the other one I just tried making it smaller in height so it wasn't so bulky, but every time I did that, I ended up with squished images and it just looked silly. :D
Mandy
Site Profile

Return to Help and Suggestions