• Advertisement

RESOLVED: can't edit homepage o.o??

Ask site related questions, report bugs/glitches, and offer ideas for improvement!

RESOLVED: can't edit homepage o.o??

Postby Pei » Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:28 pm

it was working before but now every time i view my homepage its a blank white page o.o?
♥ Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят ♥
Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят
Pei
Site Profile

Re: can't edit homepage o.o??

Postby FirefuryAmahira » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:50 am

That is weird, though I'm going to hazard the guess that Raynovac accidentally broke something while trying to fix something else. I'll be going over to his place tomorrow, and if he hasn't seen this by then, I'll point him at it.

... Hrm. I should check and see if it's just your homepage or something less isolated. I got a 404 Page Not Found error trying to view your profile from the Site Profile link on the forum.

EDIT TO ADD: Mine doesn't seem to be working either. Guessing either the UserProfile.php file got renamed or accidentally deleted or something.
~Firefury Amahira
~Commander-in-Chief of the Forum Defense Forces

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetent."

Site Rules--Contact the Mods--Nationstates--DoGA CG Gallery
FirefuryAmahira
Site Profile

Postby FirefuryAmahira » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:02 am

Further info:
It appears that the link to a user's profile from the forums is broken, however navigating through the site the user profile comes up fine.

Pei, just to make sure; when you entered stuff for your homepage/profile, did you click the Update Homepage button at the very bottom of the page? I can load your homage, and I just get the default notice that you haven't created one yet. I just edited mine, and the edit went through normally. Well, aside from changing what I entered as "Firefury's Homepage" to "Firefury\'s Homepage"
~Firefury Amahira
~Commander-in-Chief of the Forum Defense Forces

"Violence is the last resort of the intelligent, and the first resort of the incompetent."

Site Rules--Contact the Mods--Nationstates--DoGA CG Gallery
FirefuryAmahira
Site Profile

Postby Raynovac » Sun Jan 30, 2011 10:55 pm

I looked into the database and the home page information for your user is blank. This happens if a update is done with no information to boxes. I am still working on tour automatic backup system so my back up is not current. I am looking into whether or not our host has a back up we can use.

When was the last time your webpage was working correctly?
Raynovac
Site Profile

Postby Pei » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:25 am

my profile is blank because i deleted the html's on it. every time i saved and html to it, it wouldn't show up. then when i would go back to the edit profile it would have "\\\\\\" those everywhere in the html.
♥ Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят ♥
Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят
Pei
Site Profile

Postby Pei » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:33 am

the last time it was working was about a 4 or 5 days ago. i can't really remember. oh and i did click the "Update Homepage" button.
♥ Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят ♥
Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят
Pei
Site Profile

Postby Raynovac » Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:47 am

I noticed the ////// when I was looking into this issue. That is cause by a property on the server called "magic quotes".

I had disabled it originally but it got re-enabled, probably by our host. I have overridden the magic quotes and notified our host so this shouldn't happen again.

Please try again. Post here when you have updated your homepage with the html so I can look at it and make sure every thing is working correctly.
Raynovac
Site Profile

Postby Pei » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:17 pm

it works again. thanks :hug:
♥ Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят ♥
Ƥɛι Ѵαи Ƨʏи Ħαят
Pei
Site Profile

Return to Help and Suggestions